I wish I knew more about this recipe. It was originally from The Italian Kitchen web site, but I don’t seem to be able to get back to it, so nutritional information etal: is missing.
Simple Apple Fritters
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp granulated white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup apple diced
- vegetable oil enough for 2 inches in your cooking pot
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Measure and sift all dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs and milk together; slowly incorporating the dry ingredients.
- Add the diced apples.
- In a heavy skillet on the stovetop, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop teaspoon full of apple-batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown in color- 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and drain on brown paper.
- Combine milk and vanilla in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
- Sift confectioners' sugar into milk mixture.
- Whisk slowly, until well combined.
- Remove the glaze from the heat and set over a bowl of warm water.
- Dip fritters into the glaze, 1 at a time, and set on a draining rack placed in a baking pan for 5 minutes to give the glaze time to set before serving.
Originally from The Italian Kitchen dot org, but I’m not able to retrieve the link.