Crispy Baked Portobello Mushroom Fries
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, gills removed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- ¾ cup panko plain breadcrumbs panko are a must for crunch, do not substitute
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- ¼ to ½ tsp thyme to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- nonstick spray
- Your favorite Marinara Sauce for dipping!
- Dredge the portobello slices in the flour, dip them in the egg and then into a mixture of the breadcrumbs, parmesan, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Gently place the mushroom slices on a sprayed wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425 °F oven until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.