Credit: The Two Bite Club
Crock Pot Cowboy Beans are a hearty and filling side dish made with a pound a beef, a pound of bacon, and three kinds of beans, all slow-simmered in a sweet and tangy brown sugar molasses sauce.
Best Ever Crock Pot Cowboy Beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp bacon drippings
- 3 15 oz cans kidney beans
- 3 15 oz cans white beans
- 3 15 oz cans pork and beans
- 2 small onions dices
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup molasses
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onions until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain and rinse all of the beans except for one can of pork and beans. Combine the beans, cooked ground beef and onions, and remaining ingredients to your crock pot.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.