Lightening up lasagna with zucchini is one of our fave low-carb dinner hacks. Fill up the zucchini with everything you love about lasagna and enjoy it guilt-free!
- 4 large zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ onion dices
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ lb ground beef
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup jarred marinara
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add marinara and stir until combined. Add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Spread ricotta on bottom of each zucchini boat, then spoon beef sauce over ricotta layer and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melty, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving